Scholarships for College and University Students.
To provide financial assistance to bright students from low income families to help with their daily expenses during higher studies.
- This scholarship is awarded based on the results of the Senior Secondary Examination. A total of 82000 annual scholarships (41000 for boys and 41000 for girls) are awarded for undergraduate / postgraduate studies in colleges and universities and for professional courses in medical, engineering etc.
- The rate of scholarship for the first three years of college and university courses at graduation level is Rs. 10000/- and annual Rs. 20000/- at Post Graduation level.
- Students pursuing professional courses, if the duration of the course is five years / integrated course, in the fourth and fifth year Rs. 20000/- will get. However, students pursuing technical courses like B.Tech., B.E. will get scholarship up to graduation level.
- Students who are above 80 percent of successful candidates in the relevant stream from the relevant examination board of twelfth standard of 10 + 2 category or its equivalent as per All India Council of Technical Education, UGC Act,
- 1956, pursue regular courses (not correspondence or distance learning status) in colleges/institutions recognized by Medical Council of India, Dental Council of India and concerned regulatory authorities.
- Students not availing any other scholarship scheme including State administered scholarship schemes / fee waiver and compensation scheme are eligible under this scheme.
- Students pursuing diploma courses are not eligible under this scheme.
- Parental / family income ceiling for all categories under this scheme is Rs. 8 lakhs.
How to apply
The application has to be done through the National Scholarship Portal.
Who to contact
Department of Higher Education.
Click here for more information.